SC Johnson Sustainability Report
SC Johnson’s 2015 sustainability report marks the company’s 24th year of reporting on its environmental and social efforts. Beyond sharing results from our latest five-year sustainability strategy, the report shows how being a family company inspires our decisions and actions.
Among the progress in our newest report:
Other SC Johnson Sustainability Report information:
- 2015 launch of product-specific ingredient disclosure in North America, making SC Johnson the first major consumer packaged goods company to offer it
- 34 percentage point increase in use of Better/Best ingredients since 2001, as measured by the SC Johnson Greenlist™ process
- 32 percent of energy use globally now from renewable sources
- 50 percent greenhouse gas emissions reduction from SC Johnson manufacturing sites since 2000, indexed to production
- 72 percent waste reduction at SC Johnson manufacturing sites since 2000, as a ratio to production
- One-third of SC Johnson manufacturing sites now hold “zero landfill” status*
- Over $235 million in philanthropic contributions over the past 10 years alone
* To achieve zero landfill status, SC Johnson manufacturing sites are required to reuse, recycle or eliminate material that would otherwise have been sent to a landfill. For waste that cannot be reused, recycled or eliminated, incineration that generates energy may be an option.