Saturday, November 26, 2011
Tips to Help You Score the Best Cyber Monday Deals | Family Economics
Cyber Monday is the Monday immediately following Black Friday. It’s the biggest online shopping day of the year where you can really find some fantastic bargains if you know when and where to look. Mark your calendar and be ready to find those deals on November 28th!
Several years ago, retailers began offering stellar deals on the Monday following Black Friday, but the deals were for online purchasing only. The deals seem to get sweeter every year, and in 2010, online retail sales tipped over $1 billion on Cyber Monday alone.
Here are five tips for scoring the deals you want on Cyber Monday:
1. Deal Websites: Online sites like CyberMonday.com will share the hourly deals from large retailers, as well as hundreds of other hot deals being promoted that day. Just relax and sit in front of your computer to watch for the items that you have on your gift list.
2. Coupon Codes: Search websites like retailmenot.com for coupon codes on purchases from the retailers you like. You can get codes for free shipping and coupons for $20 to $100 off purchases that you can use at checkout.
3. Cash Back Websites: Before you buy an item, click through a rebate site like Ebates, and search for deals where you can receive a small percentage of your cash back on your purchase.
4. Twitter: Follow @cybermonday for the best deals and offers. Also follow or search for specific retailers and watch their tweets for special online only offers.
5. Retailer Websites: Keep the homepages of the retailers you wish to purchase from open on your computer and watch as the deals flash throughout the day. See the gift on your list and score!
In addition to Cyber Monday, here are two other important days to remember this holiday shopping season:
1. Green Monday: While it’s not as popular as Cyber Monday, Green Monday is traditionally the second Monday of December and generated nearly $1 billion dollars in sales in 2010. If the growth continues as it has in the past several years, it will top $1 billion in 2011.
2. Free Shipping Day: Be ready for retailers to offer fantastic deals on shipping on December 17, which is the last day to order your gifts if you want guaranteed delivery before Christmas.
Will you be on the lookout for hot deals this Cyber Monday? What’s on your wish list?