Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Santa Photo Fun | Family Economics
By Cathe Holden
Whether or not you have children at home, the holidays are naturally full of whimsy. Surprise your friends and family by adding a touch of silliness to your holiday décor in the form of modified framed photos. Create Santa Claus faces out of unsuspecting portraits!
- Free download of Santa Photo Fun PDF file, printed to white cover, or card stock paper
- Repositionable poster putty
1. Trim out strips of hats and beards along the dashed lines.
2. Fold strips in half horizontally between the hats and beards.
3. Hold folded strips up to glass framed photographs of faces you would like to embellish to determine the best size of hat and beard to use.
4. Cut out hat and beards and attach to the glass covered face using a mustard seed size ball of poster putty for the smaller faces. Use two pieces of putty for larger faces.
Tips and Ideas:
- Cover multiple faces in a group photo for a Santa-fest, or just one face as a single Santa.
- Print out extra sheets and share with friends, family and co-workers.
- Adjust your printer settings to print the file in mirror image for hat tails facing the opposite direction.
- Sneak a hat and beard on a loved one’s photo ID for a good laugh.
- Use your printer’s settings to enlarge and reposition the file for larger face photos.
- Glue the fluff of a cotton ball to the white sections of the cutouts for a soft dimensional effect.
What other ideas do you have for using the Santa Photo Fun printable? Share this project with your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
Photos courtesy of Cathe Holden.