Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Tea Bag Packets: Free Printable | Family Economics
By Cathe Holden
If you’re looking for an affordable and lovely teacher’s gift, thank you present, or something for a friend who’s under the weather, the gift of tea is always a nice idea. Tea bags come in many different types of packaging, some with the bags already in a paper packet. I purchase tea for our family from an online seller who blends custom teas. These tea bags arrive packaged in large, plastic bags, divided among flavors. I designed four, free printable packets perfect for gifting these teas to friends and family. The packets will hold one to four bags depending on size and any pre-packaging envelopes you wish to keep on them. There are areas on the front and back of each packet for handwriting flavor, blend, names and salutations.
1. To make and use these packets, click the following to download design 1 & 2 and 3 & 4.
2. Select your printer’s setting for the highest-quality color and print the PDF files on letter-size paper.
3. Cut out each packet design and fold all flaps towards the back.
4. Add a small amount of paper glue, adhesive, tape runner dots or double stick tape to the bottom and short side of the flap. Lay the large flap on the back across the smaller flaps and press down to adhere
5. Tuck tea bag(s) into the opening of the packet and tuck the top flap in to close.
Below are a few additional ideas for using tea packets:
• Gift tea bag packets tied together with ribbon string or twine
• Tuck packets into a tea cup or travel mug before wrapping
• Keep tea packets printed, assembled and handy for impromptu hostess gifts
• Place tea packets on co-workers’ desks
• Put packets of tea in your bag, purse or briefcase for travel
• Use packets to share tea in a greeting card
• Share the PDF’s with friends for a tea exchange
Other uses for printable packets
• Gift money: fold bills or a check into a packet and tuck into a greeting card
• Store small supplies such as beads or needles in packets
• Use as an envelope for a note
• Place wrapped candy such as small chocolate squares inside for someone special
• Use as a gift card envelope for flowers or other presents
• Scrapbook items like tickets, photos or small tokens
How would you use the tea bag packets?
Photos courtesy of Cathe Holden.