Thursday, October 2, 2014
How to Find the Best Reusable Water Bottle
Disposable plastic water bottles are incredibly cheap and easy to throw in a lunchbox or workout bag. However, they are also clogging our landfills and cost significantly more money than if we filled a reusable water bottle with filtered tap water. There are hundreds of options to choose from when it comes to purchasing a reusable water bottle. Here are a few tips on how to choose the best one!
• Choose your favorite material. A lot of this is personal preference. There are water bottles made of glass with a plastic protective sleeve on the outside, stainless steel, or if you want something light weight, look for a BPA-free plastic.
• Consider whether you will need insulation. Some water bottles are insulated to keep your cold beverages cold. If you will be gone all day or your water bottle will be sitting in a hot car frequently, you may want to consider one that has insulation.
• How easy is it to clean? Not all water bottles are as easy to clean as others. If you plan on throwing it in the dishwasher frequently, make sure it is dishwasher safe.
• Will it fit in your cup holder in your car? This may seem trivial, but a rolling bottle in the car could be dangerous. With your water bottle securely in the cup holder, you won’t have to worry about stray water bottles and will be more likely to reach for water throughout your ride.
• Can you drink out of it using one hand? If you are going to be juggling grocery bags, kids, strollers and an assortment of other things, you may appreciate being able to drink your water one handed!
You can greatly reduce your carbon footprint by purchasing a reusable water bottle. Give some thought to the material and design before you purchase so you get one that works best for you!
What type of reusable water bottle do you prefer?
Photo courtesy of Diane Hoffmaster.
Setting Up a Recycling Center
Easy Ways to Reduce Your Garbage Output
Choosing the Right Hot Water Heater
Seven Creative Ways to Reuse Glass Bottles
Creative Uses for Your Used Tea Bags
What Can You Do With All Those Hangers?
Your comment has been sent successfully.
We'll review your submission within the next few days.
POST A COMMENT