RACINE, Wis., March 25, 2014 – Spring is here and the Scrubbing Bubbles® team is continuing its mission to commit cleaning acts of kindness, one deserving mess at a time! Let’s Bubble™, a nationwide call to action for Americans to help others by cleaning messes big and small, started the hunt for deserving clean-ups earlier this year and the team is now calling on the nation to help us narrow the finalists and choose four communities to win a grand prize clean up.
We selected nine community locations from the more than 1,000 entries as locations deserving a clean-up. Now Scrubbing Bubbles® needs your help to get us to the final four. Vote until April 15 at www.scrubbingbubbles.com/letsbubble and the locations with the most votes will be announced that week with clean ups starting on April 28. For every share or vote on Facebook or Twitter, Americans can help Scrubbing Bubbles® do even more good by reaching a goal to donate $25,000 to a notable charity.
Vote Where We Should Bubble!
The nominations have been narrowed to the following nine based on their altruism, cleanability and creativity:
- Marker Boys And Girls Club (Henderson, Nev.) – Provides homework help, recreational programs, sports, arts & crafts, computers & technology for at-risk children, ages 5-18.
- The Gathering Place (Lincoln, Neb.) – Serves free evening meals to homeless and near-homeless individuals and families living in Lincoln.
- Girls, Inc. (Monroe County, Ind.) – A non-profit organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold with after-school and summer enrichment, educational programs, and organized sports leagues.
- Latino Hispanic American Community Center (Harrisburg, Penn.) – Helps low-income families with human and social services needs, such as food, clothing, housing, legal counseling, and employment searches.
- Joplin Humane Society (Joplin, Mo.) – An animal adoption and resource center dedicated to finding homes for abandoned or neglected dogs.
- The Center Orlando (Orlando, Fla.) –The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT) Community Center, The Center, serves individuals in central Florida, providing education, support and social programs, such as HIV testing, alcohol and substances abuse counseling and support groups.
- Champ Homes (Hyannis, Mass.) – Provides homeless adults in Cape Cod with safe, affordable, family housing while they get back on their feet.
- Benkhen Family Home (Hillside, N.J.) – A family of eight in suburban New Jersey with multiple special needs children and both parents working full time.
- Bryant Center Association (Omaha, Neb.) – Engages low income youth and young adults in sports, life skills, cultural arts along with providing meals during activities.
Corporate Commitment to Community
Let’s Bubble™ is just one part of SC Johnson’s corporate commitment to positively impacting the communities in which it operates around the world. As a family company, goodwill has guided the company’s philosophy for more than 128 years, with a commitment to doing what’s right for the families who use its products and the employees who create them. In the last 10 years alone, SC Johnson has made thousands of charitable contributions in the United States. Contributions worldwide have exceeded $210 million. The company also donates thousands of branded products each year.
About Let’s Bubble™
Let’s Bubble™ is a nationwide call to action for Americans to help others by cleaning messes big and small in 2014. Throughout the program, people could nominate places in their communities most deserving of a clean up powered by the Scrubbing Bubbles® clean-up team. To join in the conversation and to learn more about Scrubbing Bubbles® and the Let’s Bubble™ program, visit the official Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/scrubbingbubbles and Twitter at www.twitter.com/scrubbingbubble. For contest rules and regulations, visit http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/Pages/lets-bubble-contest.aspx.
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, TANA®, BAMA®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE®, and RIDSECT®. The 128-year-old company, that generates $9 billion in sales, employs nearly 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com