Racine, Wisc. (April 30, 2009) – A new breed of mom is emerging – the Eco Mom[i], who wants to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle to protect the environment for future generations – without compromising convenience, quality or budget. And she feels guilty when she can’t do it all. When it comes to food storage, the family leader of lunches and leftovers can keep food fresh and take a small step forward for the environment. New Ziploc® evolve™ sandwich and storage bags offer the same quality seal and freshness protection, convenience and price that moms rely on, and they are made with 25 percent less plastic and with wind energy**.
“Parents are concerned about how their choices today will affect their children’s world tomorrow, and Ziploc evolve bags are one more option that SC Johnson is offering to families who are looking to make better environmental decisions,” said Kelly Semrau, SC Johnson Vice President of Global Public Affairs and Communication. “As a family company, we are committed to offering products that are better for the environment, live up to the quality standards we’re known for, and don’t put a strain on today’s tight budgets.”
Ziploc Evolve Takes Lunches and Leftovers to a New Level
With the freshness protection of Ziploc evolve bags, families can try new twists on traditional packed lunches and leftovers, with solutions that are easier on the wallet and the environment:
* Add class to lunchtime favorites. Toting your lunch can save you up to $2,250 a yearii, but it doesn’t have to mean PB&Js every day. For a gourmet-style sandwich, try topping hearty whole-grain bread with fruit chutney, turkey or ham, and Havarti or Swiss cheese, or pack flatbread crackers, cheeses, olives, and pickles for a Euro-inspired lunch.
* Turn a “brown bag” lunch green. For a “green bag” lunch, use a reusable insulated lunch bag or box, and pack locally grown, seasonal foods in Ziploc evolve bags. Check the produce signs at your favorite grocery or superstore to see where your fruits and vegetables were grown, or visit a local farmers market.
* Leave leftovers behind. Stretch grocery dollars by preserving leftovers in food storage bags – but instead of reheating last night’s dinner, bring leftovers back to life in new recipes. Make delicious fried rice by sauteeing leftover rice, meat and veggies with a beaten egg and a dash of soy sauce. Or use canned tomatoes and vegetables to make homemade pasta sauce for dinner one night, and save the unused ingredients for chili another night.
Ziploc Evolve Products Helps Families Take an Easy First Step
Families looking to relieve some of their eco-guilt can feel better about using Ziploc evolve sandwich and storage bags. The protective ultra-light bags are:
* Made using 25 percent less plastic than traditional Ziploc bags, which means using fewer resources and generating less waste
* Manufactured using wind power**, a cleaner renewable energy source
* Manufactured with less energy overall, which is a step toward reducing greenhouse gas emissions
* Packaged in recycled paperboard (minimum 35 percent post consumer content), which means conserving more trees
Preserving SC Johnson’s Legacy
Ziploc evolve bags continue SC Johnson’s long legacy of practicing business in a responsible way, while meeting family’s needs with effective, affordable products. SC Johnson uses wind power for some of its manufacturing, uses its patented Greenlist™ process to choose safe raw ingredients, and has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Design for the Environment seal for many of its products.
With suggested retail prices ranging from $2.19 to $2.99, affordable Ziploc evolve bags are available in grocery, mass merchandise and drug stores nationwide. Ziploc evolve is a line extension, and regular sandwich and storage bags are still available. Visit www.ziploc.com to learn more about Ziploc evolve bags and discover new food storage tips and ideas.
iIconoculture, Understanding the New Breed of Eco-Aware Mom
iiBach, David, Go Green, Live Rich.
*Compared to regular Ziploc® sandwich and storage bags.
**Ziploc® evolve™ bags are manufactured with a combination of renewable wind energy and energy from traditional energy sources. To learn more about the energy sources used for this product, please visit our Web site at www.ziploc.com.
SC Johnson is a family-owned and managed business dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, personal care and insect control. It markets such well-known brands as EDGE®, GLADE®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, ECHO®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, and MR. MUSCLE®. The 123-year old company, with more than $8 billion in sales, employs approximately 12,000 people globally and sells products in more than 110 countries. www.scjohnson.com