Guided by the principles of This We Believe, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and protecting the environment in the communities where we operate. We will display leadership in the pursuit of this goal by complying with applicable requirements and applying best practices to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and by assessing and addressing our risks and impacts. To this end, we will regularly measure, evaluate and document our performance and communicate lessons learned, as we strive for continual improvement.
Vice President, Global Manufacturing
August 31, 2017
Our North America Product Supply manufacturing sites will meet the commitments of our SHE Policy in many ways and specifically through the following:
1. Ensure that this Policy is periodically reviewed, documented, implemented, communicated to workers and made available to the public;
2. Meet or exceed applicable government SHE laws and regulations, SCJ Corporate SHE requirements and other SHE standards to which the company subscribes;
3. Advocate industry SHE priorities through professional associations, government agencies, and public groups;
4. Prepare for potential emergencies, respond promptly to emergency situations and communicate, as appropriate, lessons learned from SHE incidents;
5. Communicate the significant SHE aspects of our operation to workers and, upon request, to government agencies and other affected stakeholders;
6. Provide training that emphasises individual responsibility and ensures that all workers understand and adhere to our SHE practices and procedures;
7. Provide medical services, initial and preventative examinations, and health programmes to our employees;
8. Set SHE objectives and targets relevant to the significant aspects of our operations;
9. Involve workers at all levels in the allocation of resources to implement these principles.