SC Johnson Grants: How to Apply for a Company Donation in Canada
SC Johnson Canada Grant Eligibility
• Political causes, social, athletic, veteran, labour and fraternal organizations, or religious institutions. SC Johnson Canada may support certain programs from such organizations if they benefit the community as a whole, for example a breakfast program or shelter.
• Organizations based outside Canada.
• Salary or wage support for staff or administration personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects.
• General operating support for organizations that are already supported largely by United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by the United Way.
• Sponsorship of events to support the charity/nonprofit fundraising efforts, however SC Johnson Canada may support the underlying cause.
• Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company).
• SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
Focus Areas for SC Johnson Canada Philanthropy
Wherever we operate, we want to help make that place better, because we are there. This aspiration began more than a century ago, with our founder, Samuel Curtis Johnson. It’s reinforced by our corporate values statement, and acted on by SC Johnson people around the globe.
Since 1937, SC Johnson has given five percent of all pretax profits to charities.
Understanding SC Johnson Charitable Contributions
Our primary corporate giving focus is on institutions or organizations that serve or directly affect communities where we have operations. Our giving pillars include creating:
- -A Healthier World: Help society thrive by addressing vector-borne disease, strengthening healthcare systems with increased access, addressing food insecurity and enabling healthier outcomes.
- -A More Sustainable World: Promote sustainability, with a focus on reducing, reusing and recycling plastic waste and supporting environmental conservation with a focus on healthy oceans and forests and carbon reduction initiatives.
- -A World with More Opportunity: Open doors for those in need by strengthening communities while advancing economic and social mobility through equal access to education and housing.
How the Canadian Grant Process Works with SC Johnson
Please answer all questions on the form and provide all information requested. Your completed Canadian Grant Request Application should be submitted in Word or PDF format and sent to the Canadian Regional Community Enrichment Team via email to CAenrich@scj.com.