“Not Enough Apologies: Trauma Stories”
Thursday, October 7, 2021
We're pleased to share the replay of this important community program. Click to watch program and documentary - available through October.
Join us for this documentary from Wisconsin Public Television followed by Q&A with a local panel of experts.
• The film explores the lasting effects of traumatic experiences on children and adults, and new responses to advocating for and assisting those with trauma.
• Learn how adverse childhood experiences can result in changes in the brain, leading to cascading behavioral and mental health problems.
• The documentary also looks at how service providers across the state are working to be responsive to trauma in efforts to change the trajectory for affected children.
• Lisa Lequia- Assistant Director of Student Services, Racine Unified School District
• Steve Bedwell- Manager, Youth and Family Division, Racine County Human Services
• Lt. Walt Powell- Racine Police Department
• Robin Matchett-Schmidt- Child and Family Therapist II, Children’s Wisconsin Community Service
• Dr. Leah Featherstone- Clinical Psychologist, Professional Services Group
• Michelle Gehring- Executive Director, NAMI Racine County