At SC Johnson, we’re proud of our long legacy of corporate philanthropy – it’s part of how we live our corporate values. If you’re interested in applying for a grant from SC Johnson, start by reviewing these frequently asked questions about our company giving.
Charitable giving guidelines and laws vary a bit from country to country, but in general, organizations must be recognized or registered charities/nonprofits or be a government entity such as school, library or public agency.
• Political causes, social, athletic, veteran, labor and fraternal organizations, or religious institutions. SC Johnson may support certain programs from such organizations if they benefit the community as a whole, for example a breakfast program or shelter.
• Salary or wage support for staff or administration personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects.
• General operating support for organizations that are already supported largely by larger organizations such as United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by these organizations.
• Sponsorship of events to support the charity/nonprofit fundraising efforts, however SC Johnson may support the underlying cause.
• Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company).
• SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
No. Most SC Johnson operations around the world determine their giving based on an assessment of local needs and organizations’ impact. Only a few countries, such as the United States, have a formal grant process. If you have a question for your local SC Johnson operation, please contact them here.
SC Johnson predominately supports institutions or organizations that serve or directly impact communities where we have major operations. Our areas of focused giving include:
• Community & Economic Development - Programs that improve the quality of life in the areas of economic and community infrastructure, capacity building, economic development, safe neighborhoods, cultural experiences and job training.
• Social Services - Programs that provide supportive services for low-income/at-risk individuals or families to help them on the road to self-sufficiency, such as services for families, disabled or elderly citizens, domestic disaster prevention, temporary shelter, and support for those who are disadvantaged or living in poverty.
• Health & Well-Being - Programs that help educate about and combat mosquito-borne diseases, or encourage public health and wellness education and equitable access to health care.
• Education - Programs that emphasize student academic achievement, with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement, such as early childhood education, K-12, post-secondary, technical and vocational schools.
• Sustainability & Environmental Programs - Programs that encourage sustainability through stewardship of community ecosystems, pollution abatement, natural resource conservation, environmental beautification, renewable energy and wildlife preservation.
• Product Contributions
Apply for a Canadian Grant
If you meet the basic guidelines described above, download our application to start the grant process.
EducationHands-on Science: Mr Muscle Science Lab Supports STEM Education in South Africa
PhilanthropySC Johnson Helps Kids Learn to Swim, Funds Aquatic Center for Hometown Community
PhilanthropySC Johnson Grants and Product Donations Help Make Our Communities Better
CommunityCorporate Philanthropy, Employee Volunteerism: SC Johnson Helps Make Communities Better
HealthSC Johnson to Support Development of 40 New Health Posts in Rural Rwanda
Our PurposeSC Johnson Grants: How to Apply for a Company Donation in Canada