SC Johnson Grants: Our Guidelines and Focus Areas
SC Johnson Grant Eligibility
• Political causes, social, athletic, veteran, labor and fraternal organizations, or religious institutions. SC Johnson may support certain programs from such organizations if they benefit the community as a whole, for example a breakfast program or shelter.
• Salary or wage support for staff or administration personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects.
• General operating support for organizations that are already supported largely by larger organizations such as United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by these organizations.
• Sponsorship of events to support the charity/nonprofit fundraising efforts, however SC Johnson may support the underlying cause.
• Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company).
• SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
Focus Areas for SC Johnson Philanthropy
Our primary corporate giving focus is on institutions or organizations that serve or directly affect communities where we have operations. Our giving pillars include creating:
- A Healthier World: Help society thrive by addressing vector-borne disease, strengthening healthcare systems with increased access, addressing food insecurity and enabling healthier outcomes.
- A More Sustainable World: Promote sustainability, with a focus on reducing, reusing and recycling plastic waste and supporting environmental conservation with a focus on healthy oceans and forests and carbon reduction initiatives
- A World with More Opportunity: Open doors for those in need by strengthening communities while advancing economic and social mobility through equal access to education and housing.
Some SC Johnson contributions are the result of grant requests, which also include U.S. requests for product contributions. Others are designed to meet needs identified by the company directly.