5 minute read
SC Johnson Awards and Recognition around the World
Business and Sustainability Awards and Recognition
- 2020 Climate Leadership Award for Excellence in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management from The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry.
- 2019 Dr. Sylvia Earle Award recognised Fisk Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SC Johnson, for his work in raising awareness of the ocean plastic pollution crisis. Johnson was presented with the award by Dr. Earle during the Ocean Planet Conference.
- 2019 "The Last Girl Corporate Inspiration Award" given to our Chairman and CEO, Fisk Johnson, from the anti-sex trafficking group Apne Aap Women Worldwide (Apne Aap). This award recognises individuals and organisations whose efforts to fight for women's and children's equality expand the awareness of human trafficking globally.
- 2018 Climate Leadership Award for Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (GHG) Goal Setting from the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) and The Climate Registry.
- 2018 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognised SC Johnson as a top user of green power. The company ranked No.71 on the EPA's National Top 100 List of the largest green power users from the Green Power Partnership.
- 2018 EcoHealth Alliance Award from EcoHealth Alliance recognised the company's ongoing commitment to provide donations and educational materials across the globe to families most at risk. This award is presented annually to a company or individual who is leading the way in social responsibility or sustainability.
- 2017 Global Conservation Hero award from Conservation International (CI). CI presents this award to individuals and organisations whose environmental commitment and actions have had a transformative impact for the good of the planet and its people
- 2016 Western Hemisphere Corporate Citizenship Award from the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America & the Caribbean (AACCLA), earned for the company’s “SCJ Recycles” programme in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
- 25 Most Important Private Companies recognition in 2016 by Fortune Magazine, due to our long history as an ethical family company and our continued lobbying for stricter chemical regulations and more product transparency.
- 2016 Founders Force for Good Award given to our Chairman and CEO, Fisk Johnson, from the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy, which believes a company’s social strategy determines its success.
- 2016 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the second time. These annual awards recognise the country’s leading green power users for their commitment and contribution to helping advance the development of the nation’s voluntary green power market.
- Five Cannes Lions awards for Glade® and Ziploc® brand campaigns at the prestigious 2016 Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity.
- 2015 World Environment Center Gold Medal Award, our second time receiving the prestigious award for sustainable development achievements.
- 2015 Most Reputable Companies recognition from the Reputation Institute, which bases its rankings on the public’s perception of companies based on innovation, leadership, governance, citizenship, workplace, performance and products/services.
- 2015 Corporate Affairs Leadership Award from the World CSR Congress, which seeks to spread the message of responsible business practices.
- 2014 SmartWay® Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the third consecutive year.
- 2014 National Top 100 list recognition from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the country’s largest green power users. SC Johnson also appeared on the EPA’s Top 30 On-site Generation list, earning a spot in the EPA’s Green Power Leadership Club.
- 2013 Sustainability Champion Award from 2degrees for our Waxdale wind turbine project at our largest global manufacturing facility.
- 2013 Climate Leadership Award for Aggressive Goal Setting from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- 2013 Visionary Award for Leadership and Governance from WomenCorporateDirectors.
- 2012 Leader of Change Award from the United Nations and Foundation for Social Change at the third annual Global Conference for Social Change: Making the Business Case for Sustainability.
- 2012 Clean Air Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- 2011 Safer by Design recognition from The Environment America Research & Policy Center for our use of green chemistry and our innovative Greenlist™ program.
- 2011 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use of renewable energy.
- 2008 Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for eliminating nonylphenol ethoxylate surfactant from our products.
- 2006 Presidential Green Chemistry Award for our Greenlist™ program.
- 2006 Ron Brown Award for Corporate Leadership, which also recognised SC Johnson for the Greenlist™ programme.
- 2003 Lifetime Atmospheric Achievement Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the first award of its kind.
- 1994 World Environment Center Gold Medal Award for international corporate achievement in sustainable development.
Diversity and Inclusion Awards and Recognition
- SC Johnson earned a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2021 Corporate Equality Index survey and report. This marks the 16th time we have earned a perfect score and our 19th time on the Human Rights Campaign’s list.
- SC Johnson received recognition on Working Mother magazine’s list of 100 Best Companies for the 32nd time in 2020.
- SC Johnson was named to 2020 Best of the Best lists for Top Employers and Top LGBTQ+ Friendly Companies by Black EOE Journal, HISPANIC Network Magazine and Professional Women’s Magazine.