Creating Opportunity: How SC Johnson Gives Back Through Philanthropy and Partnerships
As a company at work for a better world, SC Johnson works hard each day to meet the needs of the most vulnerable and assess ways to make the world more transparent, sustainable, healthier and one with more opportunity. A large part of how we do this is through corporate philanthropy and strategic partnerships.
How We Have Helped
Throughout 2020, SC Johnson worked with over 650 organisations, donating more than $35 million and 2 million products across 52 countries to people in need. These donations included:
- $15 million total commitment to communities across the globe in the fight against COVID-19
- Continued global partnership with Plastic Bank to fight ocean plastic and poverty
- 125,000 units of personal insect repellent and insecticides to benefit families in Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay to support dengue prevention efforts
- $200,000 Grant to Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives to support minority- and women-owned small businesses
As we look ahead to the rest of 2021, SC Johnson is eager to continue playing our part to help communities thrive. Already, we have supported a host of organisations through grants and partnerships with:
- The launch of a global initiative with Sesame Workshop to create new tools and resources for young children and caregivers worldwide to promote healthy and environmentally sustainable practices at home
- An additional $143,000 to Save the Children to build on our global partnership supporting children and families across Europe affected by COVID-19
- A donation of over $178,000 to Earthwatch Europe and STEM Learning’s Project ENTHUSE to support child education in the UK
- A partnership with Habitat for Humanity to provide access to housing, clean water and sanitation across Asia Pacific countries
Serving the communities where we live and work
Whether in our own backyard, or across the world, for nearly 85 years SC Johnson has given five percent of all pretax profits to charities. Our corporate philanthropy areas of focus include:
- Social: Initiatives that support the prevention and eradication of vector borne diseases; programmes that help reduce or eliminate poverty.
- Education: Programmes that ensure quality and inclusive education through literacy initiatives, early childhood intervention, or programmes that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Environmental & Sustainability: Programmes that reduce or eliminate plastic waste, advance and promote recycling, and improve the environment.