RACINE, Wis., May 5, 2020 – As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact communities worldwide, SC Johnson today announced contributions to organizations across Latin America to assist those on the front lines as well as vulnerable communities as they address the spread of the virus.
“Everyone in our SC Johnson family is committed to supporting those on the front lines of this pandemic and the most vulnerable in our communities,” said Fisk Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SC Johnson. “We are incredibly proud to support organizations across the globe that are providing immediate resources and help to those who need it, and we remain humbled by their efforts.”
Donations are being made to a range of organizations across Latin America, which are supporting efforts to tackle COVID-19. These include:
• Launching a new line of hand sanitizers in Brazil under the Lysoform® brand and donating more than 300,000 units to health care and community organizations.
• Partnering with the Red Cross in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Mexico to help the most vulnerable families and communities; delivering humanitarian aid and sanitation campaigns; and buying personal protective equipment, disinfectants and cleaning supplies for health care services.
• Supporting World Vision in Peru to provide family hygiene, food and handwashing kits.
• Working with Banco de Alimentos, Fundacion SI, Seamos UNO, Asociación Conciencia, TECHO, Modulo Sanitario and Caritas San Isidro in Argentina to support local organizations buying food and disinfectants for people in need; and helping Hospital Austral in Argentina to develop an Emergency Hospital to support the local Public Health Service for people without health insurance.
• Partnering with Save the Children in Mexico to educate children on handwashing and sanitation practices; providing kits with basic hygiene products to ensure good practices and home cleaning; and distributing educational materials that promote hygiene through play.
• Working with Fundación Dequení in Paraguay to buy food and disinfectants for people in need.
SC Johnson has a long legacy of working to improve the lives of families around the globe. The donations in Latin America are part of the company’s $10 million commitment to date to help mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and to fight the spread of the virus around the world. As a global manufacturer of home cleaning and professional disinfectant products, hand sanitizers and other products, the company continues to explore additional ways to provide product donations and financial resources to both first responders and those most in need.
For more information on how to help protect your family, please visit www.scjohnson.com/covid19 and the CDC’s website, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care, as well as professional products. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE® and RIDSECT®. The 134-year-old company, which generates $10 billion in sales, employs approximately 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com.