RACINE, Wis., April 20, 2020 – As part of global efforts to combat COVID-19, SC Johnson, an industry-leading manufacturer of household and professional cleaning brands, has donated $1 million to support response efforts across Europe.
This donation is part of the $10 million the company has made to-date in donations to help organisations fight the spread and impact of the virus around the world. Most recently, SC Johnson announced a to educate and enable children worldwide to better cope with the pandemic.
“Everyone in our SC Johnson family is committed to supporting those on the front lines of this pandemic and the most vulnerable in our communities,” said Fisk Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SC Johnson. “We are incredibly proud to support organisations across the globe that are providing immediate resources and help to those who need it, and we remain humbled by their efforts.”
Donations are being made to a range of institutions and projects across 15 European countries, which are supporting efforts to tackle COVID-19. These include:
• Supporting the NHS Charities Together in the U.K. will provide support to NHS patients through the NHS staff, volunteers and Carers on the frontline, with a focus on caring for mental well-being along with providing necessities such as food and longer-term recovery.
• Partnering with Red Cross Societies across Austria, Hungary, Germany and the U.K., helping to deliver essential items to both health workers and those most vulnerable.
• Providing equipment to Luigi Sacco Hospital through Fondazione Francesca Rava in Italy, alongside contributions to two chosen charities: Lega Italiana per la Lotta contro i Tumori (LILT) and OBM ONLUS, a charity supporting pregnant women and newborn babies who may be affected by the virus.
• Working with charitable organisations Gute Nacht Bus and Tafel Erkrath in Germany to provide social support, shelter, transportation and food to vulnerable groups.
• Helping Stockholm Stadsmission to provide food and support to the homeless.
• Aiding the Margareta of Romania Royal Foundation in providing a Helpline service for older people to get access to psychological counselling, support with basic food supplies and access to online shopping for those who can’t use the internet.
• Partnering globally with Save the Children, which will help educate and enable children worldwide, including those in the U.K. and Spain, to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. This new partnership will focus on helping children and their loved ones respond to this and future public health threats.
SC Johnson continues to assess ways to address the needs of people around the world as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
For more information on how to help protect your family, please visit www.scjohnson.com/covid19 and the CDC’s website, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/