Supporting Underserved Communities
We’re passionate about providing opportunities for a better quality of life for people around the world and supporting stronger, healthier communities that value and respect the dignity of each person as an individual human being.
In that spirit, we have a long-term commitment to supporting underserved communities and minority populations. Here are several of the organizations and efforts we have supported for many years:
• For 15 years, SC Johnson has supported the United Negro College Fund Walk/Run in Milwaukee, and we have supported the UNCF Mayors Ball since its inception.
• For more than a decade, our Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Program has immersed more than 1,000 students in African American culture and encouraged them to celebrate the profound legacy of Dr. King through community engagement.
• We have consistently supported local programs including the Milwaukee Urban League Black & White Ball, the Racine NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner and the City of Racine Juneteenth Celebration.
• For several decades, we have partnered with Gateway Technical College to create educational and workforce development opportunities for disadvantaged students.
• We also have donated to Homeless Assistance Leadership Organization, the United Way of Racine County, local food banks and other relief organizations in the Racine area that reach underserved and primarily minority members of the community.
Supporting Timely Community Needs in 2020
Recently, we made donations totaling over $500,000 supporting organizations in Chicago and Racine. These include:
• Donations to Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives will support a small business repair program and micro-lending to minority-owned businesses.
• Donations to Sunshine Enterprises Chicago will help entrepreneurs living in under-resourced neighborhoods to grow their businesses and transform their communities.
• And in Racine, we will fund initiatives with the city to improve relationships between the community and local police.
For more than 80 years, SC Johnson has given 5 percent of all pretax profits to charities. Over the last 10 years, we have donated tens of millions of dollars to organizations that assist underserved and primarily minority populations.