SC Johnson Grants: How to Apply for a U.S. Company Donation
SC Johnson U.S. Grant Eligibility
• Social, athletic, veteran, labor fraternal organizations or religious groups, as such, but will consider programs that are documented to show they benefit the community as a whole.
• Organizations based outside the United States.
• Political action groups, candidates or lobbying efforts.
• Salary or wage support for staff or administrative personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects.
• General operating support for organizations that are supported by the United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by the United Way.
• Conferences, seminars or workshops since this is the primary function of The Johnson Foundation, an operating foundation based in Racine, Wisconsin, that receives major support from SC Johnson. SC Johnson may consider requests for support of conferences, seminars or workshops outside of Racine on a case-by-case basis.
• Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company).
• SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender expression or transition, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, whether the discrimination policies are written or are in practice. Our policy is to not provide grants to any organization that maintains such a policy.
Focus Areas for SC Johnson Corporate Philanthropy
• Social Services - Programs that provide supportive services for low-income/at-risk individuals or families to help them on the road to self-sufficiency, such as services for families, disabled or elderly citizens, domestic disaster prevention, temporary shelter, and support for those who are disadvantaged or living in poverty.
• Health & Well-Being - Programs that help educate about and combat mosquito-borne diseases, or encourage public health and wellness education and equitable access to health care.
• Education - Programs that emphasize student academic achievement, with a focus on academic enrichment and advancement, such as early childhood education, K-12, post-secondary, technical and vocational schools.
• Sustainability & Environmental Programs - Programs that encourage sustainability through stewardship of community ecosystems, pollution abatement, natural resource conservation, environmental beautification, renewable energy and wildlife preservation.
• U.S. Product Contributions
How the U.S. Grant Process Works with SC Johnson
Contact the SC Johnson operation in your community to find out about their local giving.
Northern Europe GivingUK@scj.com
Southern Europe GivingITA@scj.com
Western Europe GivingFRA@scj.com
Central Europe GivingDEU@scj.com
China, Hong Kong & Taiwan GivingCHN@scj.com
Australia & New Zealand GivingANZ@scj.com
Japan & Korea GivingJPN@scj.com
Argentina & Paraguay GivingARG@scj.com
Uruguay & Chile GivingARG@scj.com
Costa Rica & Columbia GivingMEX@scj.com
Ecuador & Panama GivingMEX@scj.com
Honduras, Nicaragua & Bolivia GivingMEX@scj.com
El Salvador & Peru GivingMEX@scj.com
South Africa GivingZAF@scj.com
How to Complete SC Johnson's U.S. Grant Application
Itemized program / project budget
Copy of the 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption determination letter issued by the US Internal Revenue Service
List of corporate and foundation donors