SC Johnson Grants: How to Apply for a U.S. Company Donation
SC Johnson U.S. Grant Eligibility
• Social, athletic, veteran, labor fraternal organizations or religious groups, as such, but will consider programs that are documented to show they benefit the community as a whole.
• Organizations based outside the United States.
• Political action groups, candidates or lobbying efforts.
• Salary or wage support for staff or administrative personnel other than what might be needed for administration of specific programs or projects.
• General operating support for organizations that are supported by the United Way, but consideration will be given to specific programs that are not funded by the United Way.
• Conferences, seminars or workshops since this is the primary function of The Johnson Foundation, an operating foundation based in Racine, Wisconsin, that receives major support from SC Johnson. SC Johnson may consider requests for support of conferences, seminars or workshops outside of Racine on a case-by-case basis.
• Any program, initiative, or effort that might pose a possible conflict of interest for SC Johnson or any of its businesses (e.g., programs that provide a direct benefit to the company).
• SC Johnson does not support organizations that have a policy of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
Focus Areas for SC Johnson Corporate Philanthropy
Our primary corporate giving focus is on institutions or organizations that serve or directly affect communities where we have operations. Our giving pillars include creating:
- A Healthier World: Help society thrive by addressing vector-borne disease, strengthening healthcare systems with increased access, addressing food insecurity and enabling healthier outcomes.
- A More Sustainable World: Promote sustainability, with a focus on reducing, reusing and recycling plastic waste and supporting environmental conservation with a focus on healthy oceans and forests and carbon reduction initiatives
- A World with More Opportunity: Open doors for those in need by strengthening communities while advancing economic and social mobility through equal access to education and housing.
Some SC Johnson contributions are the result of grant requests, which also include U.S. requests for product contributions. Others are designed to meet needs identified by the company directly.
How the U.S. Grant Process Works with SC Johnson
Contact the SC Johnson operation in your community to find out about their local giving.
Northern Europe GivingUK@scj.com
Southern Europe GivingITA@scj.com
Western Europe GivingFRA@scj.com
Central Europe GivingDEU@scj.com
China, Hong Kong & Taiwan GivingCHN@scj.com
Australia & New Zealand GivingANZ@scj.com
Japan & Korea GivingJPN@scj.com
Argentina & Paraguay GivingARG@scj.com
Uruguay & Chile GivingARG@scj.com
Costa Rica & Columbia GivingMEX@scj.com
Ecuador & Panama GivingMEX@scj.com
Honduras, Nicaragua & Bolivia GivingMEX@scj.com
El Salvador & Peru GivingMEX@scj.com
South Africa GivingZAF@scj.com
How to Complete SC Johnson's U.S. Grant Application
Itemized program / project budget
Copy of the 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption determination letter issued by the US Internal Revenue Service
List of corporate and foundation donors