Fact Sheet: SC Johnson Philanthropy and SCJ Giving, Inc.
Areas Of Focus For Philanthropy
- Social: Initiatives that support the prevention and eradication of vector borne diseases; programs that help reduce or eliminate poverty.
- Education: Programs that ensure quality and inclusive education through literacy initiatives, early childhood intervention, or programs that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Environmental & Sustainability: Programs that reduce or eliminate plastic waste, advance and promote recycling, and improve the environment.
- U.S. Product Contributions
Recent Examples of Corporate Philanthropy
Donations from SC Johnson and SC Johnson Giving, Inc. have provided millions of dollars to organizations that make the world better for families. A few examples in recent years are:
- $15 million in financial support and products to , primarily in the United States, Caribbean and South America.
- $125,000 in an acre-for-acre match campaign that is helping Conservation International and its partners .
- $6.5 million to Racine County, our headquarters community, to build a public aquatic center to provide recreation and water safety training for residents.
- $150 million from Fisk Johnson and SC Johnson to Cornell University to support the – the largest gift ever to the school’s Ithaca campus.
- 11 million pesos to the Dibujando un Mañana foundation in Mexico to .
- $5 million to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C., to support their and a state-of-the-art conference center.
- $3.5 million to Gateway Technical College to support the SC Johnson Integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Technology Center and its .